We are open to the public for the season! As you explore the trails and gardens, we ask that you please carefully read the following guidelines that have been made for your safety and the safety of all garden visitors.
- For guests paying daily admission:
- CREDIT/DEBIT CARD TRANSACTIONS ONLY! Once you arrive at the Welcome Cabin, you will see a sign posted with our phone number to call and make your CREDIT/DEBIT TRANSACTION OVER THE PHONE. Our main goal is to ensure the safety of our employees and guests, so we are keeping all transactions free of human interaction to prevent the spread of germs.
- If you do not print a map off ahead of time, maps will be available outside of the Welcome Cabin once you make your general admission transaction over the phone.
- Practice social distancing at all times (at least 6 feet of space between individuals).
- We recommend bringing your own sanitary items, such as hand sanitizer and sanitary wipes.
- Please avoid touching any objects (railings, signs, etc.) unless absolutely necessary.
- Please continue to clean up after your pets.
- The ArcelorMittal Children’s Garden and the Healthcare Foundation of La Porte Fitness Garden have been closed off until further notice based on CDC recommendations and guidelines to prevent the spread of germs.
- Maps can be found on our website (www.FriendshipGardens.org/garden-map)
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office (219-878-9885). We understand that there are many uncertainties right now, but getting outside and exploring nature is good for our mental and physical health, as long as we are vigilant and follow the protocols recommended by the CDC and public health officials.
If your membership has expired, please continue to support us and renew it via our membership page to safely make your transaction without being exposed to germs.
Thank you again for your support of Friendship Botanic Gardens, especially during this challenging time. We are truly grateful.